Board of Directors Meeting
Hamlet at Southbridge Homeowner’s Association
  
May 17, 2007 – 8:00 p.m.

A regular meeting of the Board of Directors of the Hamlet at Southbridge Homeowner’s Association was held on May 17, 2007 at Chili’s.  Present were Board members Tom Pitschneider, Pete Conrad, Adrienne Stark, Jenny Ames and Mike Clements.  The meeting was called to order at 8:00 pm.

 

1)                Approval of Minutes – February 16, 2007 and April 12, 2007 – motion by Tom, seconded by Jenny.

2)                Old Business

a.                Mailbox Inserts – 31 orders received for inserts.  Jenny has ordered the inserts and will coordinate and communication installation plans.  Inserts should arrive late in May.

b.                Handyman – Bob Carter has completed mailbox repairs and submitted invoice.  He will also install all inserts.

3)                Committee Updates

a.                Southbridge Community Association –

                                                                         i.      Irrigation – is up and running.  The sequencing of cycles is being rewired.

                                                                      ii.      Landscape maintenance - master is negotiating with several vendors on several issues.  Maintenance of parkway contract/issue will be resolved next week, since the original company contracted to do the work has backed out of the contract.

                                                                    iii.      Irrigation expansion – motion to add up to $1,000 to the expansion of irrigation at Windsor across from the Hamlet sign.  This project will cost the SCA (master association) $2,000, and Hamlet will add $1,000 to expand into our neighborhood entrance.  Motion by Adrienne, seconded by Mike.

                                                                    iv.      Irrigation controls – SCA is receiving pricing on new controllers for sprinklers on parkway.

b.                Communications – newsletter out in May.  Next newsletter will be in August (tentatively).  Email will be sent to announcements list regarding spam – clarify that board will not ever solicit members.  Also include reminder to keep garages closed so as to not encourage theft.

c.                 Rules/Compliance – no new issues.

d.                Maintenance

                                                                         i.                  Irrigation – there was sand in a valve on Whitehall island, causing the sprinklers to continuously run.

                                                                      ii.                  Monuments – spring cleanup and mulching is complete.  Work was done by Superior.

                                                                    iii.                  Islands –

e.    Architectural – no new issues.

f.      County Road 21 – build in 2009 – funding is budgeted for then.

4)                Financial

a.    2007 invoices – over $10k remains uncollected

b.    Financial update - $80k in bank account.  Adrienne will get estimate of $ to be spent the rest of the CY.

c.     Approval of 2007 budget – moved to next meeting.

5)                New Business

a.    Sod replacement at monument #1 – (see Landscape maintenance, section 3iii)

b.    Lighting repairs at monument #1 - light on S or W side of Hamlet sign is broken.  Jenny to talk with Bob Carter to see if bulb is burned out or there’s an actual electrical issue.

c.     Election of 2007 Officers

                                                                         i.      President – Tom Pitschneider

                                                                      ii.      Vice President/SCA Board – Pete Conrad

                                                                    iii.      Secretary – Jenny Ames

                                                                    iv.      Treasurer – Adrienne Stark

                                                                       v.      Director/SCA Board – Mike Clements

d.    Committee assignments

                                                                         i.      SCA – selected above

                                                                      ii.      Communications – Jenny, Tom

                                                                    iii.      Rules/Compliance – Pete, Mike

                                                                    iv.      Maintenance – Tom, Jenny

                                                                       v.      Architectural - Adrienne

6)                Good of the Association

7)                Next Meeting - June 21st, 8:00 pm – Chili’s.

The meeting was adjourned at 10:00 pm on a motion by Adrienne, seconded by Mike. Approved by all.

 

Respectively Submitted,

 

Jennifer Ames

Secretery