Board of Directors Meeting
Hamlet at Southbridge Homeowner’s Association
A regular meeting of the Board of Directors of the Hamlet at Southbridge Homeowner’s Association was held on January 25, 2005 at Panera Restaurant. Present were Board members Tom Pitschneider, Dave Lindquist, Sonya Kraft, and Bob Pickens.
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 pm by Mr. Pitschneider, President of the Board.
Upon motion, duly made and approved, Minutes from the previous meeting were approved.
1) Rules Committee. We need to set up a meeting to discuss enforcement of the rules. Tom will schedule the date of the next meeting and forward to Tara who will note this in our next newsletter and encourage participation by homeowners.
2) Newsletter. Deadline for information to be included in next newsletter is February 13, 2005. The Communications Committee requested approval to offer $25 gift certificate in next edition to encourage homeowner attendance at upcoming annual meeting. Tara will also include an advertisement in the upcoming newsletter for a person to handle the Association’s financial work.
Resolved: Upon motion duly made and seconded, the Board approved the concept of using a $25 gift certificate to encourage attendance at the upcoming annual meeting.
3) Maintenance Committee. No homeowners responded to the recent advertisement in the newsletter for performing “handy person” services. Ms. Kraft indicated her husband was a possibility for future Association needs. We agreed to consider his services on a time and materials basis on upcoming projects. The Maintenance Committee recommends that awarding of the 2005 landscaping contract to Prescription Landscaping.
Resolved. Upon motion duly made and seconded, the Board unanimously approved the awarding of the 2005 landscaping contract to Prescription.
4) Financial. Mr. Pitschneider has taken over many of the Treasurer duties at this time. He will submit a draft 2005 budget for approval of the Board via e-mail prior to the annual meeting.
5) Annual Meeting. The annual meeting has been tentatively scheduled for April 12, 2005. Mr. Pitschneider will create the annual dues invoices, proxy forms, Board member nomination forms, and communications survey and forward to me prior to the end of February. I will draft sign-up sheets for committees for the remainder of 2005. I will target the first week of March for a mailing of the annual meeting materials.
6) Next Meeting. The next meeting of the Board is scheduled for March 16th at 7:00 pm, at Panera Restaurant.
There being no additional business to come before the Board, the meeting was adjourned at 8:00 pm.