Board Of Directors Meeting
Hamlet At Southbridge Homeowner’s Association
A regular meeting of the Board Of Directors of the Hamlet at Southbridge Homeowner’s Association was held on November 6, 2003 at Tom Pitschneider’s residence. All Board members were present.
The meeting was called to order at 7:15 p.m. by Mr. Pitschneider, President of the Board.
Upon motion, duly made and seconded, Minutes from the August 27th meeting were approved.
1. Master Association Update. Mr. Gustafson provided a review of the issues currently facing the Master Association, including 2004 budget process.
2. Maintenance Update. The plantings authorized at the August meeting have been completed. The bid process to select next year’s vendor will begin soon.
3. Architectural Update. The Board discussed a homeowner’s plan for building a sports court in their backyard. Based on the Architectural Committee recommendation, the Board approved the request, but only by reinforcing the need for the homeowner to gain city approval for the plan. Also noted is the strong desire to have the homeowner meet with neighbors to discuss location and drainage for the court.
4. Preliminary Budget Review. Ms. Fialkowski presented the first draft of the preliminary 2004 expense budget for the Hamlet at Southbridge Homeowner’s Association. The Board determined that invoices for 2004 dues should be mailed out by March 1, 2004. Ms. Fialkowski indicated she would have a draft invoice design and copy of a proposed letter ready for review at the next Board meeting. After considerable discussion, upon motion duly made and seconded, the Board agreed as follows:
Resolved: Based on the preliminary expense budget, along with knowledge of the need to make upcoming additional improvements, and with concerns regarding Master Association solvency, the Board preliminarily approves a $175 planning assumption for 2004 homeowner dues. The final amount will be determined and established with the approval of the operating budget.
5. Communications Update. The Board discussed the activity of the Communications Committee and Mr. Pickens indicated he would be meeting in December with this group to get them organized and to prepare a plan and expense budget for 2004.
6. Code Violations. The Board discussed issues associated with homeowners visibly parking trailers on, or in front of, their property for extended time periods. The Board agreed that complaints should be sent to the Rules Committee for enforcement.
7. Homeowner Mailing List. The Board discussed a request from a homeowner to get a copy of the mailing list for the Association. The Board agreed that Board approval must be granted before any person or entity is given a copy of the Association mailing list in the future. Further, the Board agreed that mailing lists would not be supplied to requesting parties for commercial purposes.
8. D&O Insurance. Mr. Pickens presented a proposal he had obtained for D&O Liability Insurance. After some discussion, the Board approved Mr. Pitschneider’s signing of the agreement.
9. Next Meeting. The next meeting of the Board is scheduled for January 15, 2004 at 7 p.m.. The location will be determined by Mr. Pitschneider based on expected attendance.
There being no additional business to come before the Board, the meeting was adjourned at 8:45 p.m..